These options are cheaper but will not be tracked or insured. We do not advise using these options for mouthpieces as you would then betaking the risk on any loss or damage in the post.
Special delivery (UK)/Tracked & Signed (outside UK)
You should use these options for mouthpieces. We will insure any items sent via these methods.
Returns and Cooling off period
You may return the item in new condition within 7 days of receipt of order (provided the packaging is intact and the item is unused) for a refund. This does not apply to digital downloads, special custom orders, e.g. mouthpieces with tip openings different to the advertised production models, or B stock mouthpieces. Refunds for returns cover the cost of the item, not shipping or customs charges unless the item is returned and deemed to be faulty under a warranty.
Important for all Returns!!!
Before returning any item you must contact us. Returns using incorrectly marked customs forms may not be accepted.
Mouthpiece returns and trials
Returns on played but undamaged production model mouthpieces are generally accepted within one week of customer receipt of the mouthpiece, subject to a discretionary cleaning and restocking fee (see below). Please use a mouthpiece patch to avoid bite marks. NB: metal ligatures can scratch mouthpieces, ideally use a fabric ligature or place some protective material, e.g. a piece of card or electrical tape, between ligature and mouthpiece.
If you buy two or more mouthpieces for comparison with the intention to keep one and return the others, you can take advantage of our two mouthpiece discount, which will apply even if you return one.
Our mouthpieces may have slight inconsistencies in external appearance due to the manual machining and hand finishing process. You may see slight scratching or other marks on the table or inside the chamber, this is not a defect. Unlike mass produced mouthpieces, ours are not necessarily cosmetically finished, they are finished to the extent that the mouthpiece plays at its best. Further polishing after this point may be detrimental to the sound and response, so we do not take returns due to these very slight scratches caused by the machining process.
We try to keep these to an absolute minimum and will not charge for mint condition returns. Depending on any polishing or plating due to ligature damage can be from £5 for refurbishing of mint condition mouthpieces up to £25 for Onyxite or £80 for metal in some cases if replating or refinishing is required due to damage. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Ten year mouthpiece guarantee
If the product is found to be faulty due to either materials or workmanship it may be returned for a full refund. Note that bite marks are not included and are counted as were and tear. We advise the use of a mouthpiece patch.
How much will postage cost?
After adding an item or several items to your cart, click on the Calculate Shipping button and choose your location from the dropdown menu. This will give you the postage options available to your country. You can use our handy live currency converter to see an approximate conversion rate.
Auction Terms & Conditions
- By bidding on this auction you hereby agree to these terms and conditions
- This is a public auction. Your bid will be displayed publically with your username
- You will be notified by email if you are outbid at any time.
- All auctions will be conducted in pounds sterling (“GB£”). You are responsible for ensuring that You have sufficient funds to cover the cost of Your bid and make payment in accordance with the applicable payment method.
- Any bid that you make via this Website constitutes a legal offer to buy the item from CafeSaxophone Ltd. You may not retract a bid except for limited circumstances allowed under applicable law, for example, where the item does not materially comply with the description provided in relation to it on the Website.
- CafeSaxophone Ltd are entitled to set applicable minimum bids or reserve requirements and are entitled to change these during the auction period. If an auction subject to a reserve ends and the reserve price is not met You and CafeSaxophone Ltd are released from any obligation to complete the Transaction.
- By bidding for an item you agree to be bound by any conditions of sale included in the item’s description on the Website.
- Any bid you make will remain open for the time period specified on the Website. We reserve the right to automatically extend this fixed time period by up to 10 minute increments where the highest bid is submitted within 10 minutes before the close of an auction to allow time for responses and final bids. This Website does not support the practice known as “sniping” where bidders place bids within the final few minutes of an auction and do not allow other bidders time to respond.
- The winning bid in any auction will be the first highest bid to be registered by CafeSaxophone Ltd that exceeds the reserve price (if any) and meets the conditions that are specific to that auction.
- If you bid for an item via the Website, You acknowledge and agree that if You have placed the highest bid which is (where applicable) at or above any reserve price or minimum bid and CafeSaxophone Ltd has confirmed acceptance of your bid, You have entered into a legally binding contract to buy the item from CafeSaxophone Ltd.
- CafeSaxophone Ltd have full discretion to refuse to accept your bid or withdraw any lot for whatever reason at any time.
- CafeSaxophone Ltd reserve the right to cancel or stop an auction at any time, such as where the Found Property displayed for auction is recognised by the rightful owner.
- If your bid is successful you will be contacted by CafeSaxophone Ltd to confirm acceptance of your bid and the amount of the successful bid and details of the relevant items, payment method details and details for You to arrange for collection of the items from CafeSaxophone Ltd.
- If for whatever reason CafeSaxophone Ltd is unable to contact You within 48 hours of the closure of the auction and/or there is a problem with your payment of any items, then CafeSaxophone Ltd will be entitled in their discretion to offer the items to the next highest bidder, to re-auction the items or dispose of the items by any other means.
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations concerning your use of the Services.
- We will not accept the return of items you have won at auction, other than as may be required under law.
- You are responsible for inspecting any items at the time of receipt to ensure that they match description on the website.
- Any damage due to shipping must be documented, including photos/videos of items and packaging.
- If you suspect shipping damage due to condition of packaging, please take photo evidence before unpacking or braking any seals
- All packaging must be retained as evidence of shipping damage.
- In limited circumstances, where You are legally entitled to return an item, it must be returned direct to within 14 days of receipt . Refunds will be processed and issued after the item that is entitled to be returned has been received in its original or delivered state.